Come join the San Antonio Chapter of Heroes on the Water for a fun day of kayaking and fishing on the Medina River. As always, all HOW-SA events are free to attend for Veterans, Active Duty Military, First Responders and their families.
Our event will run from 0800 to approximately 1300 (8 am to 1 pm).
Our chapter is limited to 16 participants in kayaks. However, those who do not wish to kayak are welcome to join us and enjoy the day from the bank. Participants are welcome to bring their own kayaks and fishing tackle to use. If you have any questions please email our chapter: email@example.com
Veterans, Active Duty Military and First Responders, if you are not registered with the San Antonio Chapter you need to send an email to the Chapter so you can be added to the San Antonio Chapters Invitation List.
**If you’re not registered, send us your information:
– To: firstname.lastname@example.org
– Email Address
– Phone Number
Rules and Information:
1. No alcohol or drugs are allowed at HOW events
2. Please keep an eye on the weather and wear the proper attire to keep you cool, warm, or dry. Quick dry pants & long sleeve shirts, water shoes/sandals (not flip flops), and a hat are recommended.
3. Bring a change of clothes and towel in case you get wet.
4. Pack your sunscreen and bug spray.
5. Since this event is being held on a public waterway a valid TPWD fishing license is required for anyone 17 or older who is going to be fishing.
6. Please note the scheduled date may be changed or cancelled in the event of inclement weather.
Before attending please fill out the two waivers below (copy and paste the links into your web browser):
Copy this link to fill out the HOW Adult Waiver & Release of Liability: https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form/0714861cc3cf463d9368191173134019
Copy this link to fill out the HOW Annual Media Authorization, Waiver, and Release: https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form/23ff633d576f44ad94793cf020f27b41