Come join the Lowcountry Chapter of Heroes on the Water for a Fun day of Kayaking and Fishing in our South Carolina waterways. As always, all HOW-Lowcountry events are free to attend for Veterans, Active Duty Service members, First Responders and their families. All locations are TBD by weather and water conditions.
Our event will run from approximately 0800-1300. Please arrive 15 minutes early to receive your fishing gear, instructions and safety brief; so we can get you on the water and fishing as quickly as possible. You will be paired up with a HOW volunteer for the event. Lunch will be provided for all participants and volunteers, but you are welcome to bring your own snacks/food/drinks if you have special needs/preferences.
Veterans, Active Duty and First Responders, if you are not registered with the Lowcountry chapter, you need to send an email to the chapter, so you can be added to the chapter’s Invitation List.
All participants/volunteers must have a valid fishing license. Any participant/volunteer that has a documented disability with the state of SC or the Veterans Administration and needs a license please ensure you check the appropriate box when requesting your tickets.
Send your information and all questions to:
RULES and Information:
Please copy and paste the following links to complete the required waivers :
Liability waiver: https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form/0bef4197e8094afbbdf83edb4db7a34f
M edia waiver: https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form/00fa3e5234b447c7aa67e9a7b7b0e7e9
1. No ALCOHOL or DRUGS are allowed at HOW events.
2. HEROES and guest are NOT allowed to be on/in a kayak(s) during the event without a designated HOW volunteer or required safety equipment.
3. Everyone MUST wear your personal floatation device (PFD) the entire time while you are on/in the kayak.
4. Please keep an eye on the weather and wear the proper attire to keep you cool, warm, or dry.
5. Bring a change of clothes, in case you get wet.
6. Pack your sunscreen and bug spray.
7 . Snacks and water and hydration drinks like Gatorade are recommended