Come join the Lowcountry Chapter of Heroes on the Water for a Fun day of Kayaking and Fishing in our South Carolina waterways. As always, all HOW-Lowcountry events are free to attend for Veterans, Active Duty Service members and their families and First Responders. All locations are TBD by weather and water conditions.
Our event will run from approximately 0800-1300. Lunch will be provided for all participants and volunteers, but you are welcome to bring your own snacks/food/drinks if you have special needs/preferences.
Veterans, Active Duty and First Responders, if you are not registered with the Lowcountry chapter, you need to send an email to the chapter, so you can be added to the chapter’s Invitation List. Send your information to:
RULES and Information:
1. No ALCOHOL or DRUGS are allowed at HOW events.
2. HEROES and guest are NOT allowed to be on/in a kayak(s) during the event without a designated HOW volunteer or required safety equipment.
3. Everyone MUST wear your personal floatation device (PFD) the entire time while you are on/in the kayak.
4. Please keep an eye on the weather and wear the proper attire to keep you cool, warm, or dry.
5. Bring a change of cloths, in case you get wet.
6. Pack your sunscreen and bug spray.
7. COVID-19 precautions are still recommended. So please adhere to the 6-foot rule and minimize the opportunity to be at risk.